Benefits of Participating
P&C activities create opportunities for parents and carers, students and staff to interact, which help to build a feeling of respect and a stronger, safer, school community.
When you participate, you benefit by:
- Meeting other parents in the community
- Understanding more about what happens at school
- Getting to know the Principal and teachers better
- Sharing your skills with other parents/teachers and learning new ones
- Setting an example for children to participate in their school community
Your children will benefit too. Research shows that parent involvement leads to better educational, social and emotional outcomes for children. In addition, a report from the Australian Research Alliance for Children & Youth (ARACY) has found that parental involvement contributes to overall student positive attainment, behaviour and attendance at school.